Terms & Conditions
Membership Scheme – Terms and Conditions
General terms and conditions
- Membership is for use by the named holder only (Bronze Membership) and the named holder plus guests (Silver, Gold and Platinum Membership) where necessary, and is not transferable under any circumstances.
- Any misuse of a Membership card will result in it being indefinitely confiscated with no refund. A membership card cannot be given away, sold or transferred.
- Any Membership found to be used fraudulently will be confiscated and not returned or refunded. We reserve the right to cancel a Membership without refund if a Member knowingly allows a third party to use their card
- Membership card photocopies are not valid. Please ensure you bring your Membership card along for each visit, as this is your entry ticket to the Zoos.
- Tropical Birdland membership packages are quoted on our website and we reserve the right to reduce or alter such benefits to any membership package at any time.
- Tropical Birdland reserve the right to increase any Membership package price as necessary but members will be notified and will be given 1 months full notice of any increases or changes
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Digital photographs will be taken of the Lead Member and stored on the Tropical Birdland Membership database
- When visiting Tropical Birdland, the Lead Member who is named and who’s photo is stored on our Database must be present to gain access to the zoo.
- To take advantage of your Members’ discounts in the Real Macaw restaurant, just show your valid Membership card prior to payment. Unfortunately discounts cannot be given without production of a valid Membership card.
- A Membership does not constitute a full paying adult or child, therefore cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts.
Any lost, defaced or stolen cards will be cancelled and replaced at a charge of £5.
- If you move house, remember to tell us so we can update your records accordingly. This will ensure that any information or changes to your Membership can be efficiently communicated to you.
- Tropical Birdland reserve the right to close all or part of the zoo as necessary. If this happens we will inform you of any closures as soon as possible via our Website page, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages
- We will not tolerate physical or verbal threats towards its staff. Any Members behaving inappropriately will be denied access to, or be asked to leave the zoo immediately. In these circumstances cancellation of an Membership without refund may result.
Direct Debit terms and conditions
- Direct Debit is a safe, secure and easy way to pay and you are protected by the Direct Debit guarantee.
- Tropical Birdland will always contact you to confirm the amount and frequency of payments with the payment date when the Direct Debit is set up. If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, we will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Tropical Birdland or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Tropical Birdland asks you to.
- Tropical Birdland’s Direct Debit scheme works on monthly payments and these are ongoing until the time that either
- All customers paying by Direct Debit agree to monthly payments as shown on the membership page.
- If a payment fails, we will contact you to notify you. Failed payments may result in the membership being suspended and access to the zoo will be denied until outstanding payment has been made. Any further outstanding account arrears will be payable before reinstatement of any membership scheme run by Tropical Birdland.
- Tropical Birdland retains the right to recover all outstanding balances.
- Monthly Direct Debits are a full binding contract between Tropical Birdland and the member and will automatically continue until Tropical Birdland are notified otherwise in writing.
- Should Tropical Birdland choose to discontinue the membership scheme the member will be notified in writing one month in advance.
- The Management reserves the right to reject any application or withdraw without refund, for failure to comply with our membership terms and conditions.